Wednesday, July 25, 2012

ProNail Supply Bankstown! Essie, O.P.I and China Glaze Haul

Today was my last day off for the week till work again so i didn't want to waste it by sitting at home the whole time.
I decided to drive to the ProNail Supply store that i've heard about online. I was thinking of going there yesterday when i was near the area but ran short on time. Now that i had a rough idea of the location i was ready to venture out!
It turned out a lot closer than i had thought and even though i drove in a circle because i still can't read parking signs i ended up parking right outside the store!


The Essie section! Well... Essie polishes on O.P.I stands xD

I felt very lost at first. I'm sure it was a nail polish heaven but the decor of the store was anything but. It was almost like a empty store with a few makeshift shelves and piles of reject products thrown in boxes. It definitely had a warehouse look to it. Which means the stuff should be cheap!
O.P.I was going for $12 each. China Glaze, Essie and Orly were at $6 each. And they had a mix of other stuff. They had an ok range of O.P.I. Not as much as David Jones. They had just as much in Orly and they also stocked Orly minis. I was hoping for Essie minis but they didn't have any which made me sad! I walked around a bit like a lost child. Their China Glaze range was the biggest and nicest. They had a few holiday kits too. I made sure i processed where all the brands were and then headed back to the Essie section.
I'm a little disappointed in their range. I was hoping for some matte shades but most very pearly polishes. There wasn't a wide variety of colours either. Just your typical reds, pinks and french manicure sheer polishes.
A lot of the polishes were also seperated and some of the same shades didn't even look alike. I tried hard to find shades that i liked enough and i ended up with 4. I had another which looked almost exactly the same as another i was holding so i put it down. $6 is cheap compared to the RRP of $18.95 i pay at Myer. However some of the lids didn't have the usual 'e' embossed on top. I was very careful to choose ones that did and also looked at the labels at the bottom. To prevent possibly buying a fake or buying a super old polish! Some of their stock didn't have labels on them either and was just markered with a number.
It gives me the feeling of rejected stock, factory seconds or out of business salons. Also all the polishes appear to have been opened and tested at least once. I wasn't keen to stock up on every shade available. Here is what i picked up:





Essie 445 Lily Pond, 508 Cafe' Forgot, 402Pink Chiffon and 471 Power Lunch

 I'm ok with my choices. They weren't what i'm after and i think i have shades like these already but i went there for Essie so i must get some at least!
I decided to pick up the O.P.I mini Dutch Treats set. I've seen this in stores still so i knew it wasn't old stock. This was for $15 as opposed to $29.95 at DJs. They had another O.P.I mini set from some Halloween collection but the packaging looked super old and the polishes were very seperated. The shades weren't nice so even for $10 i decided i'd rather spend it elsewhere.
The other other holidays set were China Glaze Xmas ones. The mini xmas set was $12 but the colours were just awful and too xmas-sy to even wear on regular days. I couldn't keep my eye off this set though. I think i've seen this somewhere recently and the lady told me it was the latest collection.

The China Glaze Winter Ice collection.


 Tinsel Town sounds very familar. They are definitely not the nude shades i've decided to dedicate my nails to, but 2 were glitters which would be fun to play with. This set was $20 which is cheaper than buying them seperately for $6 each there.


ProNail Supply haul

I looked around a bit more and nothing really caught my attention. They did have some nail art pens at $4 each but i'm pretty sure i can get them cheaper from Essence. Overall i'm happy with what i got even though i'm not as excited as i thought i would be. I don't think i will be back any time soon although A has asked me to take her next time. I might go back now and then to check out if they have new collection sets. Other than that, i hope to stay away from nail polish as this new want for them is digging a third hole in my wallet along with my make up and skincare addiction!

Has anyone else been there? What was your opinion of the store? Did you manage to haul better than i did?

No comments:

Post a Comment