Wednesday, July 11, 2012

O.P.I Nicki Minaj collection "Did It On 'Em"

I think my expectations of nail polish has gone through the roof. After switching to using higher quality nail polishes i've enjoyed how quickly they dry. However lately i've been expecting them to dry within a minute and i've been frustrated it wasn't dried almost the second i have just put it on.
I need to learn to have more patience again hehe
So after a nail polishing disaster, i decided to just go flat and choose one colour which was the O.P.I 'Did It On 'Em'. A lime green.
The results are lovely but this polish NEEDS 3 coats to even look decent. The first layer is a streaky sheer mess and almost looks yellow. The second layer is still streaky and i'm starting to doubt my colour choice. Then the 3rd and final layer where i don't hold back on the amount i slap on and ta-da! It's perfect! :)


Apologies for how messy it looks. I spent over an hour going a little nuts at attempting a simple design which ended up terribly and i had to take it all off before doing the lime green :)
I need to remind myself to just stick to flat colours. I'm no good with nails at all :(
Now to tidy up and do something else more productive than wasting 1.5hrs on painting my nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment