Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My new Prada wallet :) 1M1225 in Pomice ( Taupe grey beige dark cream)

Recently L spoilt me and bought me a Prada wallet after he switched to a better paying job.
He had chosen the limited edition version of the 1M0176 in the patent pastel yellow and it was a in your face chunk of yellow so we went back to the Prada store to exchange and feeling a little rushed by the sales assistant i switched the colour to the royal blue one which looked like a almost black blue. The only other colour choice was a pastel green.
The wallet was sitting in it's box a few days after and i didn't feel like using it at all. I knew it just wasn't my style. I tried to love it and asked many people for their opinions on it. After debating with myself many times i concluded that if i was going to enjoy such a expensive wallet, i might as well enjoy it to the fullest so i took it back and exchanged it for a completely different style. The sad part is that i now have $40 Prada store credit and everything in there is at least $300! Paying $250 for a keyring just to use up the store credit?mmm...no, i don't think so lol

Here is what i chose after browsing intensely online for a few nights trying to make a decision. I was thinking of choosing a bold red or hot pink but decided for my first luxury wallet i should go safe and choose a neutral colour.
Here she is :)
Prada 1M1225 Wallet in Pomice


I've only used this once as i don't want to bring it to work where my handbag is out of my sight for such long periods of time. Although the saffiano leather is quite tough i'm still worried about scuffing it up too much. I love how it is the perfect size and how nice the quality feels. I hope this doesn't start a trend of me getting into luxury items. I don't think i can ever bring myself to spend that much on a wallet. I dream about it and tell myself i think i'll get that wallet someday but parting with so much money for one small item is just something i am not willing to do just yet hehe Maybe someday. I have been thinking about the saffiano lux totes for a year now ever since i decided it's better to get a Prada bag than Louis Vuitton.... Hmmm hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment