Monday, May 7, 2012

Priceline Beauty is in the Bag

Priceline had their beauty bag gift running last month and i'm sure any beauty addict in Australia snapped this offer up instantly. They seem to do this every year in April. I remember getting the one last year and the year before that. Previous years was spend $50 on selected brands and this year it went up to spending $60.

Here is what you get:

I'm quite embarrassed to say how many sets of these i ended up getting. And it was completely unintentional. There is nothing in the bag that even interests me slightly. However Priceline had a lot of good sales running at the time, which resulted in me with 4 sets of these bags. 

I picked up 4 Revlon Lip Butters. I had not really paid attention to the hype of these but the hype must have been pretty big for me to recognise the name without even knowing what they were. They just arrived to Australia and Priceline had buy one get one free on all Revlon lip products. At $21.95 each these are expensive lipbalms. So with the half price deal i was on the hunt. I got the email and was on the search first day it came out. But i did not find them in stores at all. After more searching i finally found them on a separate stand away from the Relvon section. Which makes me want to kick myself for not looking harder because ALL the good colours were sold out.
The shades i managed to get were Candy Apple, Berry Smoothie, Tutti Frutti and Creamsicle. 
I didn't get any of the baby pink shades just because they barely have any colour to them. And at that price, they better have good colour or i'm better of with my $3 chapsticks instead.


They are very glossy and reminded me a lot of the Dior Addict High Shine lipsticks which i have in shade 734 and absolutely love! They were not necessarily the softest lipsticks i have ever tried. I recall owning a Stila barbie pink lipstick, the shade name may have been Glenda? It was from their Wicked collection and let me tell u, that was even softer than lipbalm! It was like vaseline in a tube! 
I went through the trouble of finding a stock photo of it.
Nothing beats this at being creamy.

Overall they are quite nice and come in 20 shades. I would still use them like a lipstick rather than lipbalm just because i would need to pale out my natural lip colour to get the shades showing.

Next thing i got:

Lots of Nude by Nature goodness. I would love to go completely natural. But it's hard to limit myself in that way.
These Nude by Nature sets seemed to only start getting into stock after the sale ended but they were available at one Priceline i was at. You are required to purchase any Nude by Nature product and THEN you can purchase this set for $49.95 and it is exclusive to Priceline only.
I got a large sized handcream for $12.95 and the set which totaled at just over $60 which qualified for the beauty bag.
Nude by Nature also had, purchase 2 products and get 25% off. I've been eyeing the Oil-free Moisturizing Lotion for a while. It contains salicylic acid and witch hazel, both of which i know are excellent for acne prone skin or for me when my skin breaks out during that time of the month.
I'm also obsessed with exfoliators which is why i got the exfoliating scrub. It contains crushed walnut shells so it would be the very 'scratchy' type of exfoliator which is just the type i love. 

Nature’s Oil-Free Lotion 125ml $29.95


Nature’s Exfoliating Scrub 150ml $17.95



I've read really good reviews about the Nude Oil as well but i passed on it this time and shall keep it on my list.
Just before the sales were ending, i also picked up two of the Nude by Nature brush kits. 

I've been having lots of difficulty with my current brushes shedding like mad and leaving hairs of over my face. And it is not fun when there's a very fine hair in your eyeball and you can feel it in there but can't see it enough to get it out! It has been frustrating me for a while now so i decided it was time for new brushes. And i must say i am in love with the Nude ones.

The handles look and feel of excellent quality and the bristles... are soft like clouds... i can't even feel the bristles when using this. It feels like i'm rubbing a cotton ball on my skin instead! Not only that, it comes with generous sized brushes. Only too many times have i seen brush kits with ONE bigger sized brush and the rest are brow, liner, miniature brushes. This set contains 2 large head brushes and the eyeshadow brushes vary in design. I love that i have one for foundation, one for blush, one for eyeshadow, one for brows and one for liner. There's one for every step i need and if i was limited to only this brush set, i would get by very nicely. It also comes with a sharpener :)

8 piece brush kit - $29.95


The 8 piece brush kit includes:
- Complexion perfecting Kabuki Base Brush

- Cheek Defining Blush Brush
- Deluxe Eye Shade Brush
- Domed Eye Blending Brush
- Ultimate Cover Concealer Brush
- Dual Headed Precision Eye Definer and Lip Brush
- Eye-liner pencil Sharpener



And finally, what was inside my free beauty bag?

The things that varied were the Rimmel nail polish, the Revlon lip product, Innoxa lipstick shades, Priceline wipes and savvy eyeliner.

1/4 of the Revlon and Innoxa lipsticks i would say are wearable shades for me and the nail polishes were all in the same colour. The Savvy eyeliners i already have and love.
I'm a little disappointed that i got 3 Relvon lipsticks in Very red and 3 Innoxa lipsticks in horrid browny red colours. No doubt i will be giving most of these freebies away.

However, the Max Factor mascaras are great. The Natio powders all happen to be shades i can use. I'm very excited about the Nude by Nature Soft Focus illuminator and the other bits and pieces like tweezers and loofahs i can never have enough of.

Oh i forgot to mention, these bags contained a $10 off any covergirl product voucher. They do have an expiry date so i decided to just use them up straight away. 


Covergirl Natureluxe Lip Balm $12.95 

I ended up getting 4 of these at $2.95 each. I like how they have SPF in them and they're very soft as well. Some of the shades weren't as pigmented so the ones i chose were spice, grenache, and sandstone x2. Spice looks like a dark brown red but because it's a gloss it goes on like an orangey colour. Grenache and Sandstone are natural mauvey light pinks and i think very wearable. They remind me of the Revlon lipbutters but softer, and with the bonus of SPF.

So that was my Priceline hauling for the month of April and i had hoped to cut back and stay away from the store but it's still only early May and i haven't been doing very well on that hehe 

No comments:

Post a Comment