Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Balm @ David Jones Haul and Priceline Bourjois :)

L was super nice and gave me a $100 DJs giftcard last week. And for my day off today i was on a mission to spend it! 
So first i made a little trip to Priceline to pick up a Bourjois Anti-choc No chips polish in shade 16 i saw the other day and thought was a really nice bright coral. I had my Bourjois $10 off voucher with me of course :) So the polish came down to $3. I remember that it would have only cost me 40 cents last week during the 20% off sale but i would have felt too guilty when paying so i didn't buy it then lol
But $3 now i think is a good price and yet not completely free hehe When i was paying the girl was so lovely and gave me back my voucher saying i can re-use it over and over. And so i said 'even if i wanted to use it now?', 'yes', 'really? i might go get every shade then...', and so i ran back and grabbed every shade available and the girl was lovely enough to not mind doing 8 seperate transactions for me. And she was super fast at it too!
So i walked out one very happy customer :D Usually i get the worse service at Priceline. But i guess it really depends on who serves you and if they're in a good mood. There are certain people i avoid at certain Pricelines just because of their attitude every time.


Bourjois Anti-Choc No Chips Nail Polishes
Shades 17, 11, 14, 21, 19, 12 and 16 (left to right)

My next stop was David Jones. And i knew there was nothing on my list to get. But i went straight to the beauty section and headed for The Balm cosmetics. I love their Nude'tude palette so i was thinking of getting another of their palettes i've seen before. 
The first palette i saw had no tester and i couldn't see what shades were inside. I was fiddling around when the lady came over and told me that the palette was actually a gift with purchase! Spend $27.95 or more on The Balm products and you get this full sized palette! I knew right then and there i was going to buy something :) I can't resist a good GWP.
The Shady Lady palettes were nice and although there were 2 to choose from, i didn't think i would make good use of all the shades there. They were $49.95 each and i would have been better off buying a back up nude'tude. But i wanted to try something different. Their skincare line looks really interesting but i just recently got some new Clarins skincare even though i have more than enough already. So the next thing that caught my eye was the blushes. There were 3 shades to choose from, a peachy pink, neutral light pink and a mauvey pink. This was an easy decision as peachy pinks look best on my skin. The 'Hot Mama' blush/eyeshadow was quite nice as well and reminded me of NARS's Orgasm but i've learnt matte blushes look best. Sheen blushes tend to stand out too much yet lack colour and also look terrible if you're not having a good skin day.
I walked around a bit more and noticed they had another one of their Deluxe Samples Beauty Bag promotions. With the purchase of any beauty product, you can buy the deluxe samples beauty bag for $19.95. Valued at around $105.
The bag contains:
David Jones Beauty Foundation Brush
David Jones Men's Hair and Body Wash 125ml
Aromatherapy Co. Therapy Pulse Point 15ml
Grown Lip Balm 6ml
OPI Nail Lacquer 3.75ml

Plus 3 of the following:
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant 22ml
Crabtree and Evelyn India Hicks Island Living Hand Therapy 25g
Natio Body Butter 100g

OR

In Essence Botanically Active Skincare Product
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream 10ml
Model Co Shine Lip Gloss 5ml

all inside a small plastic cosmetics bag and DJs Tote bag.

I chose the 2nd option even though the Dermalogica sample was most tempting. I've tried it before and didn't find it to do much for my skin so it was a better deal to get a full sized In Essence product. 
It varied and you either got the In Essence Gentle Milk Cleanser, Moisture Glow (tinted) or the Facial Scrub. I chose the Facial Scrub pack and the only other product that varied in the packs were the OPI mini polishes. Majority were a dark hot pink that they seemed to have last time as well. I got this shade last time and really didn't want it again but the only pack with the scrub had that shade. When i was going to pay i saw more packs at the counter and i managed to find the scrub with a different OPI shade :D So that made me happy. Total altogether was $47.90 for everything i got! I didn't expect to get such a good buy in DJs :D
Overall it was a very good shopping day for me as i got new things that i'm excited to try.

:)

very lightly swatched

The Balm Frat Boy Blush

I super hate when they stick these stickers on PAPER products. They destroy the packaging if you don't peel carefully!

The Balm Gift With Purchase






2 comments:

  1. Such a great GWP from TheBalm!
    Also I'm definitely making use of that $10 Bourjois voucher before the end of this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes it is!
      But right now if you go to ozsale.com.au they have TheBalm products for around 70% off! I just made a very big order there today hehe I heard it takes around 4-6 weeks for delivery though but i can wait since i have more than enough make up already :)
      I've got a little baggy full of Bourjois nail polishes now, they are lovely quality :)

      Delete