Monday, August 13, 2012

Adore Beauty Haul! (adorebeauty.com.au)

Last week Adore Beauty had their 3 day sale. To celebrate Australia having 22 Olympic medals to date, they had a 22% off full priced items for 3 days.



Let me tell you about my first adorebeauty.com.au experience over 2 months ago. I had made an order on a few items and since i found a $5 off $50+ purchases code, i seperated my order into 2 so i would end up paying $0.95 on shipping each and get an extra 2 samples. Not a big deal, just paying 95cents for 2 bonus samples :)

I waited for my order to arrive. Weeks passed. It was my first time buying from them but even i knew parcels didn't take over a month to arrive in Australia. I had an email saying my order was processed and sent out ages ago. I had contacted them and they were helpful in trying to resolve why my parcels have not come. There was no way 2 parcels would go missing right?
They started an investigation with the post office and said they would contact me on the Friday. I wasn't contacted back. So a few days later i went to their website customer service chat again and requested help. They said they would get back to me in a few days.
Finally i called them a few days later while i was at work and the lady on the phone apologized that no one has gotten back to me and they will send me a replacement to a different address. She also added $10 store credit to my account.
I didn't have an alternate address to give them immediately so i said i will email it to them later. I did so when i got home and asked my bf for his permission to send it to his place.
Weeks went pass. Almost a month and my bf had not received a parcel from them. I was frustrated at this point. I emailed them very a firm tone saying it has been much too long, and they need to go speak to the person who is in charge of sending out parcels because i'm not getting mine. For two different addresses? Something must be up.
I got a email back saying the warehouse had made an error and failed to send out my parcels but they assured me it would be sent on that very day. Like they had in the previous email. My parcels did arrive at my boyfriends place a few days later. Sadly one item was out of stock by then and i got a refund on that item. They also did not send me 4 samples and only 2 since i said it was fine for them to post it altogether to prevent further chances of loss.
Overall it was a bad experience and the gifts i got were no longer needed. However i've online shopped a million times and understand things like this happen all the time.

So when they advertised their sale, i still went back to shop. I had $10 store credit to use up anyways right! :)
I had a massive list in my cart and was sure i wasn't willing to spend that much. But i didn't know what to cut out.
My boyfriend solved this dilemma and offered to buy me the Clarisonic Mia instead :D Happy me hehe I'm so lucky to have him. They were sold out and will take within 20 days till dispatch but that is no problem at all considering it sells for $150 at Myer and now it was for $104.95! Also shipping is free for purchases over $99! I can't wait to get my hands on it. My skin has been awful lately and i feel like scrubbing layers off!

So what did i end up buying?




Clarins Enchanted Palette 

Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser

Spend over $79 on Clarins to receive this GWP :)

Lancome Rogue in Love in 340B

Lancome GWP with any purchase

Samples


Overall i'm extremely happy with my purchase. Everything i bought had a very nice GWP. I only paid for 3 items and got all this! My total was around $115 with the 22% off :) Shipping was free as well. Did anyone else buy from the sale? I wonder if anyone got as good of a deal as i did hehe





No comments:

Post a Comment