Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Essie Nail Polish Haul

Today while the weather was nice and sunny, i decided it would be a shame to stay at home so i went out and did what i do best. Shop!
Luckily the only thing i ended up buying were some Essie Nail polishes. Didn't want to end up breaking the bank.

Essie is the reason why i've rediscovered my love for nail polish and my tolerance for them. A few years back when i was fresh out of high school i had an addiction to crazy nail colours with my friend. However the phase ended quite quick as the cheapie brand nail polishes we got back then took over an hour to dry and usually messed up within a few minutes of application that it wasn't even worth the time.
I've tossed many of them out by now but some colours are so crazy i still keep them around even though i refuse to use one hour to dry nail polish ever again. 
I've known about O.P.I but nail stuff just doesn't appeal to me as much as make up so i didn't bother with that. I can't remember how but i came to own some of the mini Essie polishes. I loved how cute the bottles were. How matte the shades were and i was starting to get a little obsessed. 
I had purchased a mini set from Myer from one of their summer collections and i love all their unique pink shades. I've become neutral nail colour crazy. Their mini sets are very affordable at $29.95 for 4 shades. It is much better than spending $20 for the one shade. I had been eyeing for new mini sets to come out but there doesn't seem to be.
The Myer i was at today happened to have a mini set from the 'Sweet Time of the Year' Collection. I had asked for the price as there was no label for it and turns out it was a GWP when you spend $30 on Essie. I had recall seeing this set a few months back and also asking the price and it was purchase 2 Essie Polishes so i'm not sure if the sales assistant just wasn't sure.

Since Essie was also 30% off i knew before i even chose out colours this mini set was going to be mine! The total for 2 polishes would have been under $30 on sale and i really didn't want to spend extra on the 3rd shade. So i took my two chosen polishes to the counter and let the other sales assistant know the set was a gwp and it scanned through with no problems. 
So at the end i got 2 full sized polishes and a 4 mini set for $26.53! That's amazing :D

I wanted some neutrals so i got 325 Tea & Crumpets and 82 Pink Lemonade. The only thing i disliked was that these weren't sealed and Myer doesn't seem to prevent customers opening and testing products. Pretty much everyone i picked up looked like it had been opened at least once. The polish was still nice and runny so they should be fine. I would recommend buying these online instead because the price is much lower and it would be still fresh.

 Essie 325 Tea & Crumpets and 82 Pink Lemonade


Sweet Time of the Year Mini Set

Mint Candy Apple, Lollipop, Rock Candy and 3 Way Glaze


My current mini Essie polish collection

Tea & Crumpets and Pink Lemonade go on like a dream. The first coat is sheer but decent and by the 2nd coat it looks great. I love how neutral these are. Mint Candy Apple is very opague but a little clumpy to apply because of it's thickness. I had to blob on more colour onto a spot that the polish wouldn't stick to. And sadly i smudged it a little while it was drying but when i tried to smooth out the ripple with my finger it went back flat very nicely which i'm quite impressed with.
Rock Candy is very sheer and is the type of polish for a french manicure. The colour does not build up on my nails at all. Lollipop is wonderful and very nice. I'm a little disappointed about the 3 way glaze because i would have preferred a coloured polish but i'm low on clear polish so i don't mind too much this time.

Overall i'm very happy with my Essie purchase and continue to love their polishes even more :)



No comments:

Post a Comment