Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer & Highlighter

I am on the constant hunt for a good concealer.
I think this year is the year i've gone a little mad for them.
Who doesn't want to hide their imperfections right? And i'm always one to aim for that flawless look.

This product reminded me very much of the YSL touche eclat with its brush applicator.
The price of this from memory i believe was $14.95.
The shade selection is extremely limited, i think there was 3 shades and it was either too light or way too dark. It confuses me as to why there is no medium shade available but i suppose it could have just been the store i was at.
I decided to pick up the Ivory 010 shade since it is a 2-in-1 highlighter which i could also use to brighten up the darker areas.

The packaging is a very thin squeeze tube with a brush attached at the end.
At first i thought it was ok but since using this a few more times it is very hard to squeeze product out. The size is 7ml and when i squeeze i feel a bunch of air inside. Against the light i can see the tiny smidge of product inside the 80% empty tube and find it very fustrating. I now have way too much product on the brush and all over the lid because i squeezed too much out after a long time of nothing coming out.

The concealer is definitely too light on me but i have tried to use it under my eyes and around my nose. I hate this product! It is a thick cream consistancy and spreads ok but it is thick and emphasises the bumps under my eye and also leaves a dry cakey effect. This would be horrid on wrinkles and fine lines.
The coverage is also very average and medium, i get a less cakey and more coverage effect with a cream stick concealer. There is no highlighting effect at all. This product is a pastey matte finish and i regret purchasing it.

For the price vs size, the consistancy, the packaging, everything about it is awful.
I would not purchase this again or recommend it to anyone. Maybe it would work better on oily skin that needs something dry and pastey but this is definitely not for me.

1 comment: