Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: Models Prefer Liquid Concealer

My past few trips to Priceline i've noticed a new Models Prefer section being set up.
It is a giant black professional looking display with a whole range of products particularly quality brushes.

Today while i made a quick stop i picked up 2 things which was only a few dollars and didn't feel right if i didn't spend a bit more.
None of their sales interested me so i checked out the Models Prefer range and tested the concealer which looked interesting.

There was 3 shades light, light-medium and medium available. I would have thought i was a light-medium instantly but it came quite pale on my hand and medium seemed very dark. I tested the colours on my face and medium blended right in so i went with that one.

$11.99 for 15ml is quite a good deal. Foundations usually come in 30ml and other concealers i own are usually 7.5ml or lesser.
The consistancy is exactly like a liquid foundation. It almost spreads out and turns a little darker on the skin than in the tube. I feel the converage is very sheer and not strong like a cream concealer stick at all.
It does blend smoothly and i think would work great for under my eyes which has bumps or for wrinkles and fine lines which thank god i dont have yet :)

Overall it's a average product and i would rate it 6/10. I would not rely on this to conceal freckles and such. But i think it would work great on redness, and bumpy surfaces like pimples which thick concealers sometimes emphasis rather than hide. I also think this is good for touch ups and was smooth when i place this ontop of the make up i had on.
Good size to throw in the bag and could definitely be used as a foundation. It comes in a plastic squeeze tube with a tiny nozzle which i like and it's impossible to get out too much product.

No comments:

Post a Comment