Wednesday, July 24, 2013

New Prada Bag! Prada Saffiano Lux BN1786 in Baltico Navy Black Blue



For my Birthday last month i got the Prada bag i've been wanting from L :)
It's their Saffiano Lux tote bag which is their popular standard bag design. It's my first luxury designer bag, and although the price still hurts, we only live once and if you can afford to get one, why not. I always knew i would indulge in one someday :) But letting go of the money is always hard especially when you slave away at work for so long just to be able to purchase one of these!
I'm afraid i know this will not be the only overpriced bag i will possess in my lifetime :D But it's a good start! I've wanted this for it's simple elegant design. It's very sturdy leather. Should not easily stain and the design will go with everything. It's a classic piece which should stay within trend for years and years.
The problem was choosing the colour. I was set on Navy or Black. Should i go safe and stick with Black? Or should i add a bit of fun and go Navy? When we were at the store choosing out my bag, they had the seasonal colours available :D Which is how i came upon 'Baltico'. A Black Blue! My perfect shade! It's so much more classy than the Navy but not as flat and boring as the Black! I knew straight away this was the one :)

This is how the colour looks in real life. Isn't it beautiful? :)

With Flash! Definitely see the blue tones in this now.



I feel like this bag needs a seatbelt on in the car :P

I hope this can become my everyday bag and i can the money's worth in use out of it! I've got one of those plastic bases from a supermarket environmental canvas bag to put in the base so it keeps it shape ok. But i don't mind if it doesn't stay 'boxy' since i want it to look like a comfortable everyday bag. Sadly i've only used this bag twice as i don't want to bring it to work where it sits unattended in a cupboard all day with a good chance of it being possibly stolen! On my days off i don't tend to bring a handbag with me when i drive around to local places :( Must find places to bring this bag! It's so roomy i can fit everything in it. I might start bringing this to work but after i've done all the leather protecting stuff hehe

I love this bag so much :) But once you own one, you realise you don't need a million designer bags like you dreamed of hehe. I'm at the stage in my life where i've tossed all those cheap bags where i had like 20 different designs and have stuck to the one basic black bag everyday. What age were you guys when you decided to stick to one handbag only like most 'adults'. Not that adults should stick to one bag but my mum always uses one bag for everyday, so did my teachers and older people i've come across :)
I can't wait till i choose my next designer bag to put on my want list. But i'm super happy with this bag and will wait till it's a little worn before i even consider wanting another pricey bag :P


BTW i've been meaning to do a massive haul post for the past month. But my laptop screen broke and i'm using an old laptop which won't connect to my phone so i can't upload photos easily. It's really such a hassle and has made blogging so inconvenient :( I'm working on it though, i've bought so much fun stuff, i can't wait to share soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment