Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Make-Out 2013?

Yesterday i came across some make up de-cluttering videos from this Youtube User  I tend to watch these dehoarding type of shows when i feel overwhelmed with how crowded my room is. Granted that my room is a tiny shoe box, surely i can find a way to keep things off the floor?

And when it comes down to it, my room is just literally filled with too much make up and too much products.
I hate looking at my vanity and it's covered completely with stuff. A good day is when there's a small empty surface for me to put a cup of tea.

Make-Out 2013 was started by the youtube user to stop buying more unnecessary make up. Which has been floating in my mind constantly since last year. I would not say i have WAY too much. But i do have too much. The problem is when you can't keep all your make up in one place and it ends up scattering into a few sections.
I've got my top vanity drawer filled with 2 layers on make up, and besides my other 2 clear cube style thingies being filled with make up. I don't want more than that. But i do have an extra 2 boxes of make up right now so i want to use those up or cut those down. If they don't have a spot where they should be, i shouldn't have it. My skincare is another issue. If i like something i tend to buy lots of back ups. And i never even get around to using up the first one before i discover something else i like more. So this is it. I will ban myself from buying certain types of products.

Body lotions (I have enough to last 5 years even if i do use them everyday)

Exfoliators (they take a long time to go through)

Pencil type eyeliners

Lipliners (because i don't use them at all)

Lipgloss (because i don't use them at all yet have like 50 of them)

Blush (I think i will allow myself to buy ONE it's an amazing peach or baby doll pink from a high end brand)

Lipsticks in any shade other than nudes (i have every shade in the lip rainbow and i don't even touch them!)

Mascaras (i went off them for a while as they were too messy to take off by lazy me but i have started again since i have 30 new ones sitting around)

Firming eye cream (I have 20 tube back ups of my MD Visage ones so i will only allow myself to buy Moisturizing eye creams since i have felt the need for them lately and only own one Lancome one)

Nail polish (I hate nail polish. Its messy. It kills my nails. I have when they chip and i'm too tired to re-do them. Yet i have enough to seem like a nail polish hoarder too. This makes me really sad)

Toners (It doesn't seem like i have a lot but i do. In all kinds of brands possible hiding here and there so i forget i have them)

Perfumes (Nope don't need them. I have all the ones i've ever loved and L has bought me a lot of perfume sets which sit inside my wardrobe unopened! I may let myself repurchase my Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom one which i'm more than halfway through but i did have a Cherry Blossom one for L'occitane not long ago so only if i find them drastically different)

Face powders (they really do take forever to go through just one)

Bronzers (My God. There was one time i realised i hoard everything but bronzers and that kept my mind open to letting myself buy them... bad mistake)

Brow pencils (have a few and they last foreverrrr)


I think i can go on forever. So all i can purchase is: Nail polish remover, Body scrubs which i use everyday and buy as i go.
Shampoo and conditioner. I had a lot of bottles sitting around and i've done a really good job this year at using most of it up. I'm at the point where i think i might actually be OUT of shampoo. But i know i have 2 bottles somewhere. And that's it. I think i will try buy shampoo as i go now. Since my hair has been going through changes lately and nothing has kept it the way it use to be.
Oh another one is shower gel! Around 2 years ago i was out of shower gel. And i wasn't working then so i just needed a cheap one which would just do the job ok and it was so hard to find. I went without shower gel for a week. I did have scrubs and bath bubble gel to use but i ended up hoarding a few bottles and at this point still have 3 left. So no shower gels!

So thats:
Nail polish remover
Body Scrubs
Shampoo (decided on no conditioner as my hair was great when i didn't use them. I'll use hair masks instead)

That's a pretty short list :( I hope i find other things i can add to it but for now, i don't need so i won't buy any products.
I want to spend my money on other things like food and that super pretty necklace i've been eyeing. $90 for a necklace? No way. But $90 on make up feels like a no brainer? I can change :) I can feel the want to change more and more each day :) Does every make up collector/hoarder eventually get to this point where they feel enough is enough? Let me know if you guys have felt the same way.




No comments:

Post a Comment