Monday, October 8, 2012

Ozsale - The Balm Haul - Small Ozsale.com.au review

A while back, probably over a month ago, Ozsale had The Balm products on their site for sale.
I got the news from other beauty bloggers and went straight onto the site to check it out. I've never made purchases from these 'deal' sites so i wasn't sure how they worked. It looked pretty easy and before i knew it, i had over $200 of products in my cart. After i had paid and was offered free shipping for the next hour i ended up spending another $100 *hangs head in shame*.

I'm a little embarrassed to say i didn't really get a good variety of things. I didn't want to spend money on things i wasn't going to use or things that i didn't need anytime soon.
I may or may not have ordered excessive amounts of concealer. I had been eyeing it in store and fascinated by the quality when i had tested it, but i couldn't justify getting another concealer to play with at that price.
Here is what i got :)





I bought a few Nude'tude palettes, these will make perfect gifts! The concealer, foundation, 2 Shade Lady palettes, betty lou-manizer and the mary lou-manizer.

Everything is so soft and swatches beautifully. The concealer is as lovely as i remembered. And the foundation... it is like my beloved discontinued Maybelline dream smooth mousse but slightly thicker and more coverage! Now i'm kicking myself for not getting more since it's such a large product if i was to use it as a concealer instead. But now i have no regrets for buying a second one with my 2nd order :D
I'm lucky that the shades i chose fit me perfectly too :)

Shipping took 4 weeks which is more than the stated delivery time but is how long i expected from what the beauty bloggers have said.

My little review of Ozsale.com.au is 2/5 stars. They have good brands on their site now and then. But how long it takes for delivery isn't very good. Also the products weren't bubbled wrapped at all. They were thrown all together into a plastic envelope and i'm surprised nothing broke too badly. There are dents in the packaging but only one nude'tude palette suffered slightly. The authenticity of the products are questionable as well. I had compared the Nude'tude palette and there is definitely differences. The packaging is a little lighter than the one i purchased in store. Which could be a manufacturing thing. And a few shadow swatch differently. The Ozsale ones do have an extra ingredient listed which might mean they are authentic but TheBalm has changed the formula since?
Fake or not, the Ozsale palette swatches better than the one from in stores... so i'm not sure what to think of that if they were fake. I have high doubts they are fake simply because the website sold the whole range offered by TheBalm including their skincare. I know there tend to be fake copies of popular items but not of every product available from a brand.

I also had an issue with my order, 2 palettes were missing. It might have been due to ordering multiple quantities of a certain palette and they overlooked that. However i had contacted them to request they resend or refund on the missing items. They have ignored my contact for over a week now. I have to go through Paypal to sort it out and am waiting for a resolution at the moment.
Wow strangely enough as i was typing that an email notification popped-up and my paypal case was resolved with Ozsale refunding the amount for the missing items :)
It took them a few days to respond to the Paypal dispute though. Overall if you shop Ozsale.com.au, use Paypal! I called paypal with another Ozsale issue last time and the girl was very helpful and was definitely on my side. I will probably rant about that another time. I have a few more purchases from them. So expect another post soon! Or when i find the time :)


2 comments:

  1. I have had the same slow service from OZ Sale, too. I found a great deal of the items on sale are not actually held in Australia. I waited 8 weeks for a handbag and then found the same bag, no label for an 8th of the price. I was even more peeved when the bag broke six months later :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have made me very upset! I've purchased from them many times now and i still don't know why i keep going back! I can't resist their sales hehe. They bring in brands that you just can't find anywhere else :(

    ReplyDelete